I do not support genocide
There is a lot of confusion about this term.
Genocide is an internationally recognized crime where acts are committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group.
That is why we see this is a very serious claim, and not one to be used for propaganda purposes and as a provocation.
The Holocaust was a REAL genocide. Let’s never forget that. It is well documented. Turns out, the Germans were still Germans when they were Nazis, meaning they were super organized, precise, and documented everything. They weren’t able to destroy the records before the Allies closed in. Here on Quora, Alex Mann has a space dedicated to proving the Holocaust that is very detailed.
The Holodomor was a FAKE genocide, meaning it never happened. There was a famine. It was bad. But it was not intentional. Not even a little bit.
“Holocaust-like denier” is a propaganda term used to invoke a cognitive frame. It means “You are a bad person because you won’t agree to our fake Holodomor Ukrainian propaganda, even though you actually do believe in the Holocaust.” It is manipulative.
Let’s be clear about Alexander Finnegan’s views:
- The Holocaust was real.
- The Holodomor was not. Academic historians have no consensus on this and it is not considered a genocide by the U.N.
- There is no Ukrainian genocide by Putin.
- There were likely some illegal killings of civilians by Russian troops. I condemn these killings.
- I support the use of chemical weapons against Azov Battalion members only. Never against regular troops or civilians.
- I support the use of tactical nukes if necessary to win the war in Ukraine. But as a last resort.
- I do not support the use of strategic nukes in Ukraine. If Russia’s survival is threatened, I do support the use of strategic nukes.
- I am against Pol Pot. I am against his killings. They were exaggerated for propaganda purposes, but there were atrocities. I don’t support those. He was an agriculturalist with a genocidal flare.
- I also condemn Suharto, who, with the help of the U.S., killed 500K+ communists and the media only focused on Pol Pot.
- I do support the measures to root out Nazism as used by those after WWII in Germany. These measures worked. They are called denazification. I support that.
- I do not support de-Ukrainization.